We’re already half way through the year! I’ve read 21 books so far this year. I’ve been quite satisfied with the books I’ve been reading which is exciting. Here’s a little tag to talk about all the books I’ve read 🙂
1. Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2019?
I’m gonna have to give this one to Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid! I really loved this book and how it was written. It’s different from what I usually read but I think that’s what makes it so good. I’m so excited for the adaptation! I have a review for it here.
2. Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far in 2019?
Saga Vol. 9 was SO amazing. I am highly anticipating the next Saga release even though it won’t be for a while. I can’t believe they decided to go on hiatus after that ending! I have a mini review here.
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want To?
Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff! I recently bought it and everyone has been talking about it so I’m so excited to finally get around to it.
4. Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2019?
- Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks
5. Biggest Disappointment?
It’s probably Vengeful by V.E. Schwab. I really enjoyed Vicious but I wasn’t really a fan of this sequel. It was just okay. I love V.E. Schwab so much and I can’t believe there’s a book by her that I didn’t quite enjoy.
6. Biggest Surprise?
the Great Alone by Kristin Hannah honestly might make my top five for this year. I didn’t know what to expect going into this book but it really stuck with me.
7. Favourite New Author?
Helene Dunbar! I recently read We Are Lost and Found by her and I absolutely LOVED it. I’ll have a review for it soon!
8. Newest Fictional Crush?
Kel from A Darker Shade of Magic. It’s not necessarily new but I love him SO much. Also, Holland.
9. Newest Favourite Character?
Would it be weird to say Eli from Vicious? I really like his character!
10. Book That Made You Cry?
We Are Lost & Found by Helene Dunbar! I cried so hard at the end of this book.
11. Book That Made You Happy?
Book Love by Debbie Tung. It was literally the cutest thing I’ve read all year
12. Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year?
I actually haven’t seen one yet!
13. Favourite Review You’ve Written This Year?
I’ve never thought of a favorite review but maybe Daisy Jones & the Six?
14. Most Beautiful Book You Bought So Far This Year?
I pre-ordered Pumpkin Heads and I already know it’s the prettiest book I own.
15. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of The Year?
Too many. Too many.